Hi friends:
I see that each of you have a different "routine" when it comes to time with the Lord.

Speakermom and JJ- I remember that song, from a long time ago.

Silent talks with God and praying without ceasing are very important in our relationship with Him. It's great that you find God in nature. We can learn to know God closer through it. And I love that quote from Goethe!

Sherri: Do you recall that the first time the Bible mentions a rainbow is after the flood, when He promised Noah and his family that the earth would not be destroyed again with a deluge?(Gen. 9).

Friends: Ever since that, the rainbow has a connotation of hope and promise! God is in control. Isn't that great to know?

Dotsie: Reading the Bible in the morning, for me is the best thing I can do! I too have three devotional" books, (with articles for each day of the year). I read several (1-2 pages from each one, usually) and a Bible scripture. I also like to sing to the Lord. After prayer, I feel "ready" for the day.

Of course, I talk with God about everything during the day and/or night. I pray without ceasing too.

But I find that stopping during the day to read some scripture, (if only for a few minutes) helps me keep focused and "armored" for the daily spiritual battles.

Stepping away for a moment from my daily tasks, to pray is vital for me!