have you ever noticed that health insurance has very limited visits for mental health?
True story:
I was in so much pain that i didn't know what to do. i kept going to the doctor who ran test after test, day after day. and nothing came up. this went on for almost a year. i wanted to die. my doctor finally recomended a mental health therapist, and i went. she gave me an antidepressant and my body pain went completly away.
my insurance would only pay for 10 visits a year. befroe those visits were up, i was diagnosed with posttraumatic shock syndrom. i needed to go to therapy twice a week. well i go without the help of my insurance. it would have been cheaper for them to pay for my therapist than to pay my medical bills for that year. the therapy helped. it was totally amazing. i did not think a therapist could help me and i certainly did not thin a wee little pill would do anything at all. i wish i could continue going, but at 100.00 a visit, i can't do it any more. but at least i have the knowledge that i got from going. and when the new year comes, i am going to use all my visits. it's such a mental cleansing.
but i do get mad that the insurance won't pay for all of it.