There was a time in my life that I also suffered from post-traumatic stress synndrome. I had been in a car accident and was living in pain. I became clinically depressed and had to take an anti-depressant for 9 mos. to a year.

The doctor told me that I needed to be on the medicine for the amount of time that I had been in pain and experiencing negative thoughts. He explained that typically it takes you that long to learn new thought patterns. It made sense to me but I didn't listen.

The first time my medicine ran out I took myself off because I was feeling so much better. By the end of the week, the sad, creepy thoughts started coming back. I should have listened. I immediately did a refill.

By the grace of God I stopped taking the medicine and haven't experienced depression since. I have had 3 surgeries, and lived through the death of my mom. During those difficult times (I was afaid that I might experience depression again) I prayed to keep a healthy frame of mind and I did.

I can say now that I am grateful for the experience of having lived in a depressed state temporarily. It was a true living hell. It taught me to be compassionate when others have experienced the same. I was clueless about depression before and thought people should be able to pull themselves out of it. How ignorant of me! Now I know better.

And I agree, insurance programs need to get with the mental health program! [Wink] You are smart to take advantage of the number of visits given by your insurance company. What a great idea! [Razz]