I WAS retired during my hubby's illness and for almost 2 years after his death. and our nest egg is gone. I am alone, working to keep the wolves from the door. It is a struggle, ecpecially since I have no real skills except this darned CDL B license and my "mouth of the south". Everything I did before the forced retirement is no longer usuable and I am working for a school bus company that pays by the hour. I am just doing my best to keep my head above water day by day. What happens in the future will have to happen--I can't put anything aside at all now. I don't have any regrets because the money went to make his life better for the last 5 years of it, and if my dogs and I have to live in the truck, then we will. I am grateful for the time we had together, 24/7 from his diagnosis to his death, and I wouldn't trade that for a mansion or all the money on earth. But, that said, I do think about it, too. I am 54 (55 in August) and I see what I am doing for my elderly aunts and uncles that have no children, as I don't. It is scary to think that someday everyone will be gone before me and I will have no children either. I guess I just have to give it to God and see what hisplans for me are.