I have a dear friend who is bipolar. It pains me to see the negative image he has of himself. He is on medication. I can see how other people don't understand his situation. They take their own good mental health for granted and totally disregard what this man is going through. That angers me. While I can see how he affects others I knew him before he was this way and he doesn't bother me at all.

He's had heart by-pass surgery (trauma to the body can bring on depression) and all his family members are dead except a niece and nephew who refuse to have anything to do with him. He lost his job (he quit). His girlfriend who he lived with for many years left him. He was married before this but she left after his first heart attack when he was 43. He's 61 now.

Right now he is all alone but does try to get out with the few friends he does have. I do worry about him because he's on disability and must go to the Veterans hospital for any health care he requires. He needs to see a cardiologist as well.

I know I have veered off of your subject, so sorry. Do you think you could post those 12 steps? I will copy them and give them to him at the right time.

[ January 17, 2006, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]