Hello, Ladybug. Glad you brought that up. I have been 'in the system' for 20 years. I usually ended up giving therapy to my therapists. I also ended up living with one of them for a couple of years. It was a habit of his to date his clients. He had more problems than Carter has liver pills; which is why he chose that field of study in the first place. He was almost as good as my mother at making me feel bad about myself. I know about the slurs ("your a sickie!"). I believed the lie for way too many years. Thank God, I no longer do. I have told that I no longer qualify for disability. It seems I was normal all along. It was the people that called me 'sick' that was the problem. I had to be taught that I did deserve the space I take up on this planet, etc. I deserved better. I take care of myself and others...always did. I just quit giving in to the real crazies in my life. When I did that, I no longer needed the medicine that never stopped the pain anyway. I had to understand that allowing myself to live in abusive type situations is akin to abusing my own self.
No, I'm not perfect. I don't know any perfect people. But the good news is that I am not ugly, I am not bad, I am not sick. I just made the mistake of believing the lies.