Gosh, you are wonderful coming out and saying that! I've heard that term "sickie" too. You were being used and put down and when you finally realized it the abuse all around stopped.

I've come to my own conclusion that people who succumb to any mental illness are those who care deeply about others and give to others until their own needs are neglected. They allow others to sap their strength and spiritual energy. Then they get called names and are labeled as "crazy" and "sick." People who love themselves far too much never become depressed because they are selfish. I think everyone needs to love themselves don't get me wrong, but there are those who cut off a person in a minute if they just cross them the wrong way one time. These are the ones who will never succumb to depression or any other form of mental illness because they really don't care about the sufferings of others and willnot allow themselves to become involved with another person's problems. They take care of Numero Uno in other words.