Dotsie,
I think fear is the MAJOR and sometimes ONLY factor that holds people back from doing things they really want to do. I've found that if I minimize the fear, or better yet, meet it head on, then that particular fear simply disappears. I think someone like Garrie (who has a way with splain things) could do a better job here, but let me give a very simple and small explanation of what I mean....

Ever been to a large gathering where there was a buffet? Seems like everytime I do, when it's time to eat, no one will go first and the person who does gives some sort of embarassing statement as to why he/she's going first...then after that person, everybody jumps up and gets in line. How crazy is this? It's a food line, not a line to get into heaven. I've made it a practice that whenever I'm in a situation like this and the speaker says "okay folks, let dine" or "time to eat" or whatever, I simply get up and get a plate.

Now I know that too simple an explanation but it serves the purpose. What I do whenever something bothers me or I feel my fear creeping in is to say to myself, "what's the worst that can happen?" Usually, it already has...and it's not that bad so I go for it!

Hope this helps a tad...

now, I'd love to hear how Prill got her agent and publicist, but I just had to put my 10 cents worth in...teehee.

JJ