There's something to write about, Chatty. I would have loved working there. [Smile]

We go to Disneyworld twice a year now that we have the vacation club. Chubby was at the American Pavillion in Nov. 2002. I guess he does the same week every year. Well, I was only going to go and take his picture and leave. I got caught up in the crowd and twisting in the aisle and the whole bit. I took a ton of photos and added old Chubby to my website. A few months later, my sister told me she heard on the news that he died. I felt terrible and thought I must have some of the last pictures taken of him.

Last November, I felt bad knowing he wouldn't be there. We were walking by the Pavillion and his name was posted. I thought that was a terrible mistake. I stopped a guy who works there and asked him if Chubby Checker was supposed to be there. He said, "yes." "But my sister told me he died months ago. I thought he was dead," I told the poor guy.

"I hope he's alive madam," he said. "I'm in charge of the show and I can't do the Twist."

My husband was embarrassed, of course. I was happy to hear he was alive and went back that night for yet another twist fest. I took more pictures. Now I have more pictures of Chubby Checker than I'll ever need. I called my sister the next morning and told her he was alive and still twisting. We found out later it was someone who had been in his group for many years that died. God willing, I'll see him this November too. [Cool]

Louisa