If you live in the northeast, and I do, today's the day to make the most of this snow! With a foot on the ground, and another on the way, this is the perfect time to hunker down at home, and/or reach out to neighbors!

Looks like we are all going to have to help each other dig this one out!

One of my favorite childhood memories was a blizzard. All the people on our street gathered to help one another get the cars dug out. After an exhausting day of shoveling, everyone pitched in and we had the best cook-out of my life-time!

One of the families I baby-sat for brought out their grill and everyone else added anything they had in the fridge and kitchen cabinets to make a party. And party we did! Right in the middle of the street!

I have pictures of my friend, who was 15 at the time, dancing under the street light with one of the cool young married men. Remember how there were young couples that you baby-sat for that you thought had it all together?

I also have pictures of sodas and beer just plunked down in snow banks to stay cold, poeple manning the grill, and people pounding one another with snow balls!

All generations carried on like they were teens again, just because a blizzard hit Baltimore!!

I suggest we stay in... or go out... and make memories!