In August of 2002, my husband and I spent our 17th anniversary sure I had breast cancer, waiting for the biopsy results. We usually just went out to eat and celebrated life being together, no presents or fancy things were needed. He pulled up in front of the nicest jewelry store in that part of town. He bought me an anniversay ring to die for, I mean to die for. We found out two weeks later that I had breast cancer. My ring was a symbol of hope!
Through my mestectomy, chemo, radiation, losing my hair, all the feeling you got through losing a piece of yourself; my husband and my best friend, Nina, were with me every step of the way. I could say anything to them! [Confused]
Nina [Wink] , my best friend, living 1200 miles from me, called every day and/or night even after I was through with my radiation. She sent me gifts of flannel PJ's, socks, and snuggly things (we live now in OH, cold), and inspirational books on cds and tape, since I could not stand to read or watch televison at the time.
Although my other family and other friends checked up on me .....kind of often, I know the love, dedication, and spiritual uplifting I got from my husband and best friend, Nina, along with God, made my healing process faster physically and mentally.