SP - Your brother should not feel he does not have the right to contact the son he gave up for adoption -- now that the boy is grown. I am in contact daily with many adult adoptees who are searching for information regarding their roots and biological families. Many, many siblings will search for that lost brother or sister. An adoptee seeking their birthfamily is NOT trying to replace the family that raised them -- and even those that had/have the most loving and wonderful of parents still have an inner longing to know the most basic of information that we who were not adopted take for granted -- who we look like - the genetic traits handed down from one generation to another.

I am a reunited birthmother. My daughter, Juli, has the most wonderful of mothers who raised her -- Annette. Our reunion did nothing to break the close, loving bond that Juli and Annette share. Juli had always wanted a sister when she was growing up. Lisa and Todd (the children I raised) have formed a close and loving bond with Juli. It is so funny watching the three of them together --they are so much alike - even though they were not raised together. Another interesting fact is that Juli is more like me that either Todd or Lisa. We love the same authors, music, we react the same way to problems, and many other things too numerous to mention.

There was very heart warming article in the link below about a man who was reunited with his siblings.

www.yakima-herald.com/article/278277280090469.news

Gwinnetta