I will not see the movie. Based on what I have heard from my friends and what I read in the press, it is a story of long term love between homosexuals.

I believe that to be nothing more than the beginning propaganda for legalizing same sex marriage. I am opposed to same sex marriage. Not because it is against my moral beliefs, but because it has the potential to bankrupt our health care system.

In the Canadian provinces where same sex marriage is legal, very few are being entered into. Possibly because they have socialized medicine and it healthcare is available without cost to all citizens. Surveys of homosexuals in the areas where same sex marriage is legal indicate that though some would agree to be there for each other for life, almost none will agree to the life long sexual monogamy required in most Canadian marriage ceremonies. Surveys show that the average number of homosexual partners exceeds sixty whereas the average number for heterosexual couples is less than one tenth that amount.

I believe those surveys show heterosexuality not to be an issue of life long love as it is portrayed in Brokeback mt. and would impress eth citizenry to make an emotional decision to legalize same sex marriage. The statistics prove homosexuality not to be an issue of love, but an issue of sex.

The question of same sex marriage is only an issue of economy. The homosexual community has been open about their desire to legalize their unions in order to qualify for government and employer supported health insurance. Surveys also show that almost every practicing homosexual has some form of STD so the health care costs could be astronomical.

I refuse to support any form of propaganda disguised as entertainment or education.

smile