Hi,
I'm asking this in a respectful manner. As Dianne pointed out, emotions are hard to read while we are typing. :-))

Number5, I know you are very concerned about the safety of this country. Thank you for that concern and the love you have in your heart. I am curious about the following statement:

"...will bring judgement on our nation as a result of it.

It has happened to every other nation and culture that has openly accepted and sanctioned homosexuality as the norm"

I know you talked about the Roman Empire and Greece earlier. I remember from my history lessons that there were many reasons that these empires fell, and yes, over-indulgence in food and sex were certainly part of their downfall. However, I can't get to the same conclusion that you appear to get to: acceptance of homosexuality in people will cause this country to fall.

I have many concerns for this country, as well. I believe that the emptiness people feel as they shop, or stare at the TV, or the computer, or use drugs to avoid living and feeling pain is a major problem. I believe the inability of people of differing opinions (at least on the surface) to talk with each other in a respectful manner is a huge problem. That's one of the reasons I think we've done a pretty good job on this thread.

I hope no one takes offence. I am speaking from my heart to yours.