Number 5, please continue to post about your faith. You are an inspiration. You have posted factually from Scripture and you have infused each of your posts with the Scripture's over-riding message of love.

Like a lot of scientists, I am confused as to whether homosexuality is an inborn character trait or a learned behavior. I have seen scientific evidence to support both theories.

Either way, only the homosexual 'act,' not the inclination to homosexuality is deemed sinful in Scripture. Like a lot of sins, the homosexual act is a corruption of a natural tendency. A degree of attraction to the same sex during adolescence is believed to be a part of normal maturation.

Therefore I do not believe homosexual tendencies to be a sin. However, I do believe that 'acting' on homosexual tendencies is a sin. Just as one can be born with an inclination to drink alcohol, but not act on that inborn impulse, someone born with an inclination to homosexuality can choose not to act on his or her impulses. It is the homosexual act that I find sinful, not the tendency.

However, to say the homosexual act is a sin does not prevent me from loving those who engage in homosexual acts. Homosexuality is rampant in theater and I have many friends who are practicing homosexuals. We have discussed these issues a lot. They know I believe them to be sinners, but we still love each other because they know I also believe myself to be a sinner and that I believe all sins are equal in the eyes of God. Most importantly they know that I believe the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ redeemed us all.

There are a lot of important and controversial issues facing our world at this time. We must be able to discuss them factually without personally attacking each other if we are to find the solutions that are incumbent upon the boomer generation.

smile

[ March 14, 2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]