We can't make companies stay in the U.S. Now they have to pay taxes, although in reality, they just charge the consumer more so we end up paying their taxes. I don't think we can stop companies moving out of the country due to the higher wages our people demand, but it will help.

This plan will make all taxes visible. The rich will pay more of their share, because they naturally purchase more and higher priced items, such as boats, cars, furniture, homes, etc. The middle class will end up paying less and the poor will pay hardly anything. It would benefit you ladies who are self-employed because you wouldn't be taxed, only for what you spend.

Let's just say a wealthy business owner moves his company to another country. He would likely pay income tax in that country, but wouldn't have to in ours. But when he purchases anything in our country, he would pay a higher amount of sales tax (I've heard 23%). He would not be able to hide his income, even if it is generated outside the U.S.

Also, illegals would have to pay sales tax on anything they purchase.

Number 5, let me know what you think about the plan. Like I said, I haven't read the book yet, but I think I'll order it today.

Daisygirl