I do maintain contact with my elected representatives (if I feel passionately about some issue that is). But if I have tell them how to vote on every issue, why not just make the decisions myself.

As to my plan, every person would probably not vote on every issue. Rather each person might have a topic that he or she would be especially passionate about and become informed enough to vote on it.

If decisions were made that the majority did not approve, we could always just call another vote and change it.

As to hiring the manager it would be decided by the majority like the CEO of a corporation. And if he or she didn't do a good job, we could just fire them.

5, you are right it would be anarchy, a revolution much like the one that founded this country in the first place.

I doubt I'll ever see it in my lifetime, but I see no reason for a representative form of government now that we are all connected electronically.

I say we kick out the politicians and make this a true government of the people, for the people and by the people!

Boy I'm sounding more like a politician all the time! Whooeeeee.

smile

[ January 26, 2006, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]