I hope someone hears from our Boomer friends who live near the Gulf soon. I have such a sick feeling in my stomach as I watch the coverage. I also share the anger and disgust that has been expressed by others. I'm so appalled about the looting. Stealing is illegal, but I'm willing to give concessions to those who are desperate and are taking things like bottled water and toilet paper. I could not believe that people were in a Walmart filling carts with expensive toys. Big expensive toys like those 4-wheelers that toddlers sit in. Other things like shoes and CDs. A pawn shop was looted of most of its guns. I'm infuriated about all this. It's disgusting.

I'm also upset about the President and his seeming lack of involvement. "We'll pray..." Okay Mr. President, that's all well and good, but right now people need help. And while you're at it, can you regulate the gas prices?

I thought I was just being cynical, but, I too, observed that no stars came forward to offer help.

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with the Gulf residents, though I know that's not much.
Marie