My son is in college in Louisiana. One of his friends were panicking about getting to her family down in NO. He called to ask what he should do. I advised him against it. He went with his heart and got stuck in traffic there plus his cell phone went powerless.

I hadn't slept for days watching and wondering if my son made it out in time. He did along with three family members of his friend.

I'm a native of La and just can't wait for the opportunity to get there to help. Meanwhile, I'm making flyers to send out to my neighbors to gather any/all sorts of clothing to send to the Astrodome where the refugees will be housed.

Just days prior to all of this devastation, the Postmaster and I chit-chatted about La and FL. He was helping me lift a large box that I was sending out to LA and FL for my children. He is from there too and will help with the cost of shipping items there.

Despite the fact that I'd seen the postmaster for years, we never said anything but hello to one another until that day.

That must have been God that united us natives to help His people.

As far as the looters, I believe the ones that are getting food and survivor material should. The ones that are getting guns and other non-sense will pay more dearly than they have already. That's no way to act in the face of adversity. Hopefully they're getting the guns for the gators that are sure to surface if not already. Hope some got insect repellant instead of silly items.

Sugaree

[ August 31, 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]