The sad thing is that the criminals will prevent the people in their area from getting rescued because I doubt they will send in rescuers if their lives are in danger.

Smile, I believe you think like me. I was thinking today that when the government begins a rescue effort, they have so much planning to do. The people who are sent, even if they are military have jobs they do every day and arrangements have to be made. We are seeing horrible images on tv, and people there are understandably very hungry, hot, dirty and very uncomfortable at the least, but help is on the way. I think it also seems like things are moving slow because we can watch it 24/7, but we may not be getting the entire story. I've been watching it on all 3 channels and have heard different versions of the same topic. It's only been 48 hours since the hurricane moved out of the area.

A friend and I discussed going to NO this week, but I couldn't because of finances and she ended up going to France because her mother was very ill. I think we would've planned to leave today and it is unlikely we would've been there for the hurricane. I saw several women tourists who were stranded, pulling their luggage around with them. How scary! Women alone in a city that is in anarchy, criminals with guns..... I pray they will make it home safely.

I appreciate the countries who have offered help, whether financial or physical. And I think the some of the stars will contribute, again, it's only been 48 or so hours.

Sugaree, I can understand why you would want to go right down there and help and I'm not a LA native, only visited once. I think a lot of us have that urge - of course we do because we're Americans.

Well, I guess you guys have figured out that I'm a news junkie.

Daisygirl