Other than donating money right now, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot we can do. I too want to jump on a plane and get right down there and start helping to clean up. The Canadian Red Cross is putting teams together who will begin going into the devastated areas for three weeks at a time, but right now they want only specific professional skills, and even they have to wait for the okay from the affected states' governments.

Hubby and I are talking about possibly joining a Red Cross team for November, or perhaps next spring...they'll still be needing help then. Hubby's a strong, energetic carpenter/electrician/plumber handyman, so would be a big help. I'm a chronically fatigued wimp, but would still like to do something mundane and tedious that nobody else wants to do, like sorting clothes or serving food. We're going to look into that possibility.

PS. One thing I'm REALLY good at is putting together "care packages". We've been sending cp's for years to various people in situations where the cp's are more useful than money. I don't know if that would be a useful gift in this situation, but it's one little way I can show I care.

[ September 01, 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]