I haven't been able to sleep well for days now.
I am having 9/11 panic attacks all over again.

My most favorite place in the entire world IS New Orleans. I had to be born there in another lifetime! I almost moved there when I was 19--but my father talked me out of it.

I keep saying I will not watch another news story on the hurricane. But I find myself glued to the tv. And when I see all the destruction--and the people who simply couldn't get out of NO due to many reasons--it breaks my heart. I think of all those people suffering---all those people who may not have made it out alive.

I have been having panic attacks again. I keep going back to 9/11 & the hopeless feeling we all had. Only this time we have seen the suffering--and the mayhem that has followed.

The looting makes me sick. Now I heard they are moving into more populated areas to do the same. To think of how many more people we may loose because the police & National Guard have to watch over these inhumane beings.

Thank God our one friend is ok. I am hoping another I have lost touch with is also ok. We are waiting on another friend who has family in Mississippi.

I plan to make a donation of cash to one of the reputable charities. I know the school children will be having fund raisers,etc in the weeks to come once school starts. I will also help them.

Here in NY everyone is talking about how we need to repay those who helped all of us in our time of need. That should go without saying.

I can still close my eyes & feel that awful feeling on that September morning. Hoping all those people knew someone was thinking about them as the first tower fell. That they weren't alone.

I can't imagine yet the full destruction of Louisiana. When I close my eyes I see my fave spot in the French Quarter---sitting on that hill with the sunlight hitting me.

I paid $2.99 a gallon this morning for 1/4 of a tank. I didn't complain. I thought of what I needed to do--and how I could do it in one trip.

I feel guilty washing the dishes--and seeing all the water wasted. I lay in bed & know thousands are sleeping on the ground. I eat with guilt. Instead of feeling grateful for what I have---I feel guilty instead.

I hope every single one of you who may have a loved one--a friend--a friend of a friend--that they are ok. I know too many people who lost a loved one on 9/11. This hurricane has effected me in the same manner that day did. New Orleans is my 2nd home. I knew & loved it better than NYC.
It just feels like another piece has been ripped from my soul.

Whew. And I didn't think I could put this into words.