I'm okay...we are fine...and thanks to my boomer friends who wished us well during this very trying time...My God, I am in shock...I lived in Gulfport only two years ago...and only 7 blocks from the beach...I used to jog/walk on highway 90...that was my town...the house I lived in has some damage but is still standing...as is my best friend's house next door...she was in Miami at the time...her house in Miami received damage from Katrina before coming to the Gulfcoast...my pine tree landed in her backyard taking her security fence with it...has some windows out but otherwise okay considering that Gulfport was devastated...also Waveland, Mississippi...I used to go there to shop for antiques...it's completely gone...off the map...cannot believe it. As for me and Larry we rode it out in our house...my first hurricane...and I cannot believe what I saw...I didn't know trees bend the way they did or that wind could sound like that...it really does sound like a train. We've been without power since the storm hit us and it's been hotter than hell down here...long lines for ice, water and MRE's...hundreds and hundreds of homeless people living in their cars, long, long lines for gas (what there is of it), and I still cannot believe this...My husband has lost work now because the railroad is wiped out in places from Mobile to New Orleans...that was his route...at the moment he's taking his vacation but we're not sure what will happen after that...the railroad expected him to be on duty 24/7 but when it comes to being there now they don't care...it's unreal. His railroad company took a flight all along the rails to see the damage and they're pretty much out of commission...even if they had rails running to new orleans, there's nothing there to go to. We have our lives, our home and our family...so we're not complaining...our hearts go out to those who lost everything...this is heart sickening. When my friends comes from Miami we're going to go with her to help cut down the trees and debries from the hurricane...I'll take some pictures and try to send them to those of you I have come to know on a more personal level. To those of you who may have loved ones who lost everything, my heart is broken for them...this is truly an American tradegy...
God bless those who care and worried about me...you've touched me beyond belief...I love you guys.

Dee