Well ladies I may not be a political genius claming to know all the answers BUT the Mayor and the Governor is and always has been aware of the unlawful element running around New Orleans in gang form. My question is not to the poor or any other citizen, its to the politicians running the city. Why in heavens name did they not make sure the guns/gun shops in that city were secured. Take the guns out of these shops and put them in a vault in any bank. If they had done that, done their jobs then these gangs could not and would not be running around out numbering and out gunning the local police. They'd probably have some illegal guns but no where near the fire power they were able to obtain by these weapons being left unguarded. So much could have been avoided if someone, anyone in authoruty would have used common sense when they had the time before Katrina hit full force. I do believe some heads will roll long after this situation is under control.I am proud and happy to tell you that The Las Vegas Convention Center, the largest in the world is opening its doors to the refugees. Thats all I know so far but have volunteered my services for food preparation or whatever else I am needed for. I want to hug someone and tell them it IS going to be alright...No one should be blamed because they were unfotunate enough to be in the middle of this hell. I am sure that if they could change things, they would and don't need to hear from us who are high and dry how much smarter we would have been. I wonder????? [Mad]