I know I'm putting myself in the line of fire here, and frankly, am scared to post in these forums anymore for fear of the hatred that will be thrown (undeservedly) my way. But I have to summon my courage and dare to speak.

There are not enough words to express my horror and heartbreak at what's happening in NO and the shattered lives Katrina has left behind. PLEASE know that I weep and pray and am searching for ways to help.

But in the meantime, I cannot sit by and hear the word "evil" being bandied about and flung in anyone of my sisters' faces here. That's a very serious judgement call, a very damaging word to just fling at someone in the heat of an argument, and in my humble opinion, completely uncalled for, unwarrented and unacceptable in this forum.

Please TRUST that we ALL care, more than words can ever adequately convey. Maybe we don't express it as perfectly as others think we should, but we cannot just call someone "evil" because their words don't match our expectations. And we cannot ever assume that those differing expressions reflect an underlying lack of care. I don't believe there is one single woman on this forum who isn't heartbroken and devastated by this tragedy unfolding before our eyes. Please, let's think before we throw any damaging accusations at each other. That's not the answer. We're all hurting, we're all desperate to help, we're all trying to process this tragedy of unprecedented magnitude. Please let's try and work together, ride this horrible nightmare out together and come out the other side still intact.

[ September 03, 2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]