I have so many friends who live in Gulfport/Biloxi/Slidel and I've sent out emails (despite the fact I know there's no responses at the moment) in hopes that I'll get an email from someone...so far nothing. I used to work at Stennis Space Center as a secretary and I've not heard how that fared...it's just north of Waveland which was wiped off the map. Two wonderful friends lived in Gulfport and I've not heard anything...Please, keep praying for those I worked with and my closest friends who I'm not hearing from. Hopefully, I'll be heading into Gulfport around the 17th with my girlfriend Nancy as she returns to see her home...she lives 7 blocks off the beach...my husband and I are going with her with our chain saw to remove trees and debris.
I sat on my front porch this morning having my coffee and felt guilty for having lights, a coffee maker that works, a house over my head...I went to church yesterday and prayed, donated money and we're going to donate our time but it still doesn't seem like enough. Nothing seems like enough at the moment.