I have only managed to post a couple of comments although a day late due to being very busy 18 of the 24 hours the day before these posts started. We have been collecting and packing boxes of food, toiletries, clothes, you name it we packed it. There is still much to do and I unlike some who seem to believe flapping their gums will do someone some good have been working my behind off to do some real good. We will have enough supplies to fill two aircrafts. I don't care who gets these supplies, what their nationallity is, their color is or there sex is, so long as someone in 'need' gets them. I would like to see everyone put their muscle where there mouths are and do something, everyone can do something no matter how small it might seem. We are Boomer Women, we are better than this bickering and I am going to speak out of turn here so listen up. Yes Smile came across a bit harsh but she has been there, done that and maybe has earned the right to be a bit harsh and for those of you that see racism in her comments, I'm here to tell you that she and I were on the telephone a day before those comments and she was telling me her and her husband were discussing taking in a couple of the "NEEDIEST" families and putting them up, she said she could make room in her large home. She was tearfull as was I at what we were seeing going on right here in America. This is the woman some try to say is a racist. Not true and I hope she stays my friend after me telling you this. I apologize to her ahead of time but this finger pointing has to stop and stop now. She simply has a different take on some things as do others. Unless you do not live in a glass house, don't even think of picking up that stone. I am of the white race (big deal) but my heart and soul are multi colored and always have been. God Almighty created us all, remember that please and be kind, be kind, be kind! [Wink]

[ September 05, 2005, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]