The first time I went to Louisiana, I felt as tho I belonged there my entire life. I was THISCLOSE to moving down south because of that.

My friends from Baton Rouge made sure I had the full experience. I did all the tourist things--from BR to NO. But they also taught me the history & showed me the different backgrounds of the people.

It was such an learning experience. I come from Long Island, NY. We are about a half hour from NYC. I rarely went into NYC--and life is/was just so rushed & nasty at times.

When I went down south, the people were so welcoming. They accepted you with open arms--& it was such a nice feeling from what I had known.

There were so many things that facinated me. I couldn't imagine living so differently. It opened my mind to another world. A world I am once again regretting I didn't join when I had the chance. I often wonder how my life would have turned out if I had moved to Baton Rouge.

I am learning that most everyone that I know who lived in NO/Metarie/Slidell have lost everything.
They are all safe, thank God.

I was just at the store & spoke with yet another person about the hurricane. Everyone can not imagine what it would be like to lose everything you have--your home--your family--your life.

Every other person has said that we have to do what little we can to help--for we do not know how it feels.

I am not relgious. But I have said a prayer every night thanking God for what I have--and to give those without the strength to survive.

I hope you are all well. Everyone is in my thoughts.