Chatty, that's awful! I hate people who take advantage like that. [Mad] You should NOT have gotten stuck with the check. They knew exactly what they were doing. You didn't invite them, they invited themselves. My husband and I went to Vegas last June. It was my first time there. If they can't afford to pay for their meals, they have no business going on a trip like that. If they can afford a trip like that, they have a lot of nerve spongeing off relatives, especially ones they don't even acknowledge otherwise. I didn't need anyone to "show me around" either. I think the conceirge at the hotel can answer most questions.

We did have friends who had been recently telling us, "eat here," or "eat there," or "go see this or that show." We had one guy who lives here but owns a house there and is now living there, but he was still here in June. He sat us down one night and told us all the places the locals go so we could eat cheap and not to eat at the hotel. I almost cried. I waited for so long for this trip, I wanted to eat at the Steakhouse at the Bellagio and that's what I did. Gee, I wish someone else had picked up that check [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Take them off your card list and if they return to Vegas tell them what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas and that you'll tell all you're friends on the Internet how cheap they are. [Wink]
Louisa