If someone becomes emotionally involved with someone of the opposite sex (or not! [Eek!] )outside of their marriage, then that could be construed as "cheating".

If someone feels more open with another person and looks forward to the times they share and not their spouse, they're not working hard enough on their own relationship and cheating their spouse.

Can men and women just be friends? I believe that is true. Can they leave the sex out of the relationship? Hmmm.. If they're both secure in themselves and have good marital relationships with their respective spouses, I don't see why not. But, all it takes is one time, to look at that person in a new light, a new way, to ruin a perfectly good friendship and possibly a marriage too.

Using the Internet is the same as if you met someone face to face. I believe the intimacy grows faster on the Internet because there isn't the same code of conduct as there is when meeting and talking to someone face to face. The anonimity releases someone from ethics or morals that would normally keep them in check when face to face.

How many times have people told others their deepest darkest secrets over a chat or in a forum, then gasp and say "I've never told anyone that before!" That kind of intimacy breeds and has no where to go but up, or down if you want to look at it that way.. [Big Grin]

And, as Chatty can tell us, even over the phone people (men) can become a bit more "free" with their thoughts and feelings and say things they wouldn't normally say in a face to face relationship. However, I believe that phone sex and Internet sex are definitely cheating.