With about 18 pounds of leftover turkey in the fridge and a giant pot of turkey soup, I just had a snack of saltine crackers with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. I just can't do bird right now. [Roll Eyes]

Last night, we came home from the wake. There was a terrible rain storm going on. I got online. The lights dimmed and bam - off goes everything. The lights came back on in a few minutes and I went back online. Few minutes later - bam - darkness agin. Then, back online. After the third time, I got off the pc. Lit some candles, just in case and sat down to read a book. Two more bouts of off and on with the lights. I finally fell asleep on the couch. Then, around midnight, my husband saw a flash out over the water toward Boston. The power failure lasted for at least 10 hours. [Eek!]

Got up this morning, couldn't have a cup of coffee or a piece of toast. [Eek!] Couldn't get on the pc. [Eek!] Couldn't watch the news. Had the funeral to go to. Lukily, we still had hot water and were able to take showers. However, I couldn't wash my hair because I wouldn't have been able to blow dry it. [Mad] Thank God for big hair. Since I had done my hair yesterday nice and curly and put a lot of Aqua Net on it, all I had to do was fluff it out, scrunch it up, and add more Aqua Net. [Smile]

We were getting calls from my husband's work. They couldn't open two of the bank branches and what should they do? We went off to the funeral wondering if all that turkey would spoil. Didn't look like the problem would be fixed any time soon. [Confused]

We got in a minor accident at the cemetary just as we were parking the car. [Frown] Dick stopped the car, I took my seatbelt off and started to open the door. The car lurched forward and I said something to him like,"Is this car stopped now, or what?" I thought he did it somehow. I got out and then an elderly man came over and started apologizing for hitting us.

I don't think there was a lot of damage, and in the scheme of things, it could have been worse. But, I'm not in the mood for turkey.

Louisa