My first mistake was assuming that adult stepchildren wouldn't be a problem. Wrong. The youngest lives in the same town as us but since my husband is working a consulting job in another state, I don't have the problem of not seeing or seeing him. He told some very hurtful lies that caused severe problems and has never apologized or even admitted to doing it! Says I'm lying by stating, "I didn't do that" to his dad. I asked my husband if he wanted or needed proof because I have it and he said he didn't, that he believed me. It's all so stupid and childish.

He borrowed my car one day and I went to drive it the next day and the rear end of the car was thumping and acting weird. I had to take it to the dealer and $900 later, he claims he has no clue what happened. Nobody else drove it but he's innocent. Things like this.

I'm taking the "wait and see" attitude but in the meantime, I refuse to be around him. He's like a snake...will bite you in a moments notice with no warning and what's really sad is I've treated him very well. Live and learn I guess.