Oh Diane, do you really want to hear a step-parenting nightmare?!!

My ex's children visited us from Georgia one summer. My husband at the time gave the young girls, 10 and 12 waaaay too much freedom. I discussed it with him to no avail. These girls were sexually active! You know how I found this out?!! One day a friend came over. She noticed so activity in my garage and went to check it out before she came in. There she found the 12yr old laying on a mattress with a boy!

I told my husband and he didn't do a thing. I told him that he should at least consider some contraceptives for the girl. Well, he believed that was 'condoning' sex. I believed that it would prevent a child from having a child. We argued about this and his nonchalance. I guess he just didn't want to believe it.

Well, reality SLAPPED HIM IN HIS FACE AND MINE TOO! I finally convinced him to let me take her to Planned Parenthood. On the way there, the 10yr old confessed that she'd 'done it' too. I mouth was just wide open with shock! When we made it to the office, I asked that both be seen and given something.

I sat in the lobby filling out the insurance papers while they were in back being seen. Before I could finish, one of the health care providers came to me to ask which was the 10yr old. I pointed her out since they were back in the waiting area with me by then. The nurse whispered in my ear, "She's pregnant." PURE SHOCK ripped through me.

I took her home, but on the way she asked me not to tell her father since he probably wouldnt let her go to the movies. Ha! Ya think?! Well, we made it home. I told him. I think he went into shock too. About 2hrs later, she still wanted to go to the movies. He let her. OMG!

Two months later this child turned 11. She miscarried the baby. But, she actually did not want to have an abortion and of course her natural parents couldnt make her. The boy was 13.