This girl's mother picked her up early that summer. When school started for the fall, she had another boy, maybe several, and was pregnant again. Abortion. She got pregnant again at 14 and had that one. She came back to live with us. I placed her in a school where young parents attend. They picked both mother and child up in front of the house daily. Most of the time she didn't want to go. I was forceful which made me the mean one. Despite all of her behavior, her mother tried to put it in my husband's head that I was not treating their daughter right/fair. But, in my household, no child with or w/o child, stays home not getting an education and that was the bottom line. Plus, my own young children were there. I was NOT going to let them or no other impress upon their young minds that they had a choice OVER parental decisions made there. As much as I tried to work with her, she had to go.

I'm not in contact with my ex since my children were from my first. But, last I heard, that young lady had FIVE children and NO husband. Well, actually she did move back here when she had her third child. She called me to apologize for her past behavior. I took her shopping for her children, kinda spent the day with her...but, that was it. THe other one has two children. I wonder what was happening in their household to even make them think of sex so young.

It sure was a valuable lesson in raising my own daughter. She saw the beginning and the end result. She is on the straight and narrow. Would it be cruel of me to say that old cliche', "Things happen for a reason."