Sugaree,
One of the hardest things to do as parents is to watch children make major decisions that are sometimes met with bad choices. However, our children have their lives to live and their own lessons to learn, just as we've done.

You say that you want your son to finish college? It seems to me that he's made some decisions that have imperiled this, for the time being. He's going to be a father and needs to face up to the responsibility of doing so!

Plenty of people finish college at night, after working all day -- I did this, after splitting up with my husband who, by the way, never once took responsibility for our two children. He's nearing 60 now, and still seems like a child, while I think that I gained a great deal in taking on the charge of raising my children. It's true, I didn't have the traditional college experiences that by the way may be over rated. But as an older student paying her own way, I appreciated my education a lot more.

quote:
I asked my son how on earth he got involved with such a woman. He claimed that she was just something to do at the time (young men!).
What kind of an attitude is this anyway? This boy needs to grow up, and needs to do it fast. Rather than focusing on this mother, I'd say you should be dealing with your son. He needs to get a job and think about how he's going to raise the child. Yes, it's true that it seems that young people need college educations in order to get ahead. But they should take it seriously.