I'm with JJ and DJ. I raised two kids alone with no help too and I got an education. If I can do it anyone can.
Does your son have a football scholarship? Why is he leaving you at home with his mate and his offspring? Sounds like he may be out for his Mother to save the world.
The Bible has answers for everything. I must have read the Scripture, "Be ye not the reason for someone to stumble" a zillion times. I always thought it meant only that I should be a goood example by helping others.
But one day after being taken advantage of by someone I was trying to be an example for, I re-read it and realized that if you give someone the 'opportunity' to take advantage of you, you have been the reason for them to stumble as much as if you had set a bad example.
I remember that when people came to me for help. Often it would be easier to just give them money or help them out, but I have to try to determine I am 'causing them to stumble' by making it possible for them to take advantage of me or if I am being a good example by helping them. ??
Doing the right thing is never easy.
smile

[ August 09, 2004, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]