Just encountered these posts. Zowie.

Sugar, you're getting good, straight-from-the-hip advice on many counts here.

The only thing I read I think I can disagree with is that your son "put you in this situation." No -- YOU put yourself there by agreeing to take this girl and her brood in. You didn't say no when it would've been easiest and now I think you better sit her down and speak firmly but gently about the realities.

Get numbers of shelters and single mothers homes in your region and tell her to start calling. If she doesn't, you do it. Give her a deadline. Make it days, not weeks.

You don't owe this woman your home nor your privacy nor your sanity. You can be sympathetic and kind yet firm -- you're sorry she got herself into this situation but that SHE will have to rescue herself.

Then call your son and tell him school is off for a semester while he deals with this mess he created -- not to call a child a mess. Okay, responsibility, then. Like everyone said -- plenty of people go to school evenings and weekends. Too bad about the football. He shoulda thought abut that when doinking the chick.

And urge him to insist on paternity testing NOW. If he doesn't now, even if she turns out to be pregnant with some other guy's baby, she can hold him to support once that name goes on the birth certificate. Honestly. I saw that happen to others.

If she sleeps around, she could be preganant to someone else as easily as to your son.

This is terrible trouble. I'd help her get the help she needs by putting her in touch with all the services she could use, but I wouldn't BE her help. It's amazing she'd ask for your car!! It's amazing she'd ask to move in -- especially having two other kids! She's a user, like others have pointed out.

There are alternatives. She needs to find them or you're life'll go down the tubes. You'll end up sitting her kids, like someone pointed out. You're quality time with your daughter will disappear, just like your private time and your time to write.

Sounds like every one's in accord here. How about we each write a "look, it's like this, sister" letter to her and you can print them out and hand them to her! She'll get all sorts of in-the-face reality counseling from this wise bunch of gals. Good for everyone who's supporting you in shaking this woman.

If the child does turn out to be your grandchild you can always deal with that after it's born. Try to deal with this before you're so flustered and upset that you explode. Tell her now you made a mistake letting her move in, you realize it, and she needs to make other arrangements by Saturday or you're changing the locks. Then DO it. Tell her if she doesn't have shelter by Saturday you're also calling child welfare authorities (while the locksmith is there) because although she is a big girl and can deal with living on the streets if you kick her out, the kids cannot and should not have to deal with that consequence of their mother's dismal life decision making ability.