I vote for leaving it in Dotsie. I am the parent of another's child. I decided against the word Step years ago. I didn't want to isolate him, as he was only 5.

He is now 27 years old and lives close to his real Mom,in Napanee Canada, he needs that. I love him like my own flesh and blood. He is my only son.The only chance I had to have one.

My mother told me these words when I was first raising him...Some day, my dear he has to grow up and look back...How do you want him to remember you?

If she hadn't intervened when she did, I would have probably been the " Step-mother from Hell"

My Dear Mom...she just knew how things were supposed to be... And how to fix it with few words. Such a wise woman...She treated him just like all her grandchildren...and he Loved her for it.

On the other side of the coin though...the Real Parent of the child is where the issues sometimes lay...Then theres the step-grandparents/real grandparents,siblings etc...I could go on and on.

MOH has two older sons and although we don't see them often as they live in another State, we get along marvellous. Why, because...

I haven't seen my son in a couple of years,but I am flying to Newfoundland on the 13th so we can spend some time together along with my 2 daughters.

Now...especially now, Mom's words make more sense than ever.

Yes, leave it in one more month please.