My second marriege in which I was very comfortable and happy in ended in a bitter divorce because #2husband couldn't or wouldn't except my son from my first marriage. David my eldest sons father died before he was born and he looked to #2 as his dad and that was fine until #2 and I had a son together. Then he totally avoided David and was very obviously crazy for his own son. He was 22 years older than I and was elated to finally have a son. We were together for 14 years until David was a husky strong teenager and #2 a bar owner became his own best customer. He would pick on David when he was drunk and finally they came to blows. Soooooo I left my comfortable, happy, spoiled life and the boys and I moved across country. Was it hard for me, you betcha, but my sons come first, last and always. David was then and is now the perfect son, someone to be proud of and he didn't deserve what he was being subjected to. I should have taken my husband in hand earlier and told him "love me, love my son or hit the road." So should the lady who's husband treats her son badly. Can you imagine how he truly feels in his own home? My son has explained that to me, how he felt and I can't describe the pain these young boys suffer inside. Do something NOW if you can....