This whole issue started because my husband told his son (G) that the tractor, which G damaged, would not be going back to him...G puffed up and was already mad by the time I said anything...and what I did say to him was not said in a negative or derrogative manner. I've my my own sons upset with me and we went through a time for about a year...and it was around the same age as G is now. Maybe it's a growing up thing some kids have to go through...but, Larry told me that G had already been defiant when it came to doing waht he was told...soooooooooooooo I can take some peace in kowing that it's not just the step-parent attitude...that it's probably G being G...his father and I put our foot down about what G did and now G's pouting and thinking he's punishing us by walking away...G's wife, who isn't helping at all, is even worse. She was brought up very spoiled and her attitude is that she's a 21st century wife and if a husband wants something done he can bloody well do it himself...she keeps her house like a pig sty, G told his father they haven't had sex in over 3 months and could see divorce in his future. I'd seen G's wife take an attitude with him but never with me until I tried to talk to her about this tractor incident...her true colors came out at me and it was pretty ugly. I've decided that if this is what we can expect from them then we're better off with them not being around. Until they grow up...