Or even worse..."you're responsible." That seemed to be what pushed G over the edge with me. They fight so hard wanting to be adults yet when it comes down to them behaving like adults, sometimes they truly miss the mark...and blame us for it. You can't reason with a child's mentality in an adult.
Larry told me that he believed G would have come around already if M (his wife) wasn't involved. We know M wear the pants in their family. I reminded Larry that M wasn't anywhere around when G jumped in my case about the tractor and he was equally as rude without M being present...sometimes we don't want to believe the worst in our kids and wish their behavior on someone else...but, Larry truly understands what's going on and as tender-hearted and caring as he is, he, too, has his limitations when it comes to rejection. He nor I did anything to deserve any of this...it's quite rediculous when you think about it, really. All very childish...but, Larry and I are leaving them alone...hopefully, they will come to their senses sooner or later. If not..oh, well.