The latest news on my step daughter is that she brought her boyfriend to meet us and used him as a scapegoat to gain her dad's attention. When she didn't get the emotional response she wanted, the rejected the boyfriend and left him emotionally bleeding and angry.
Then she stole my daughter's expensive clothing after she took the step sister out to eat, loaned her clothing and was kind and attentive to her, even bought her expensive perfume for Christmas.
My daughter suggested to the step daughter that meybe her belongings wound up in her suitcase by mistake. Finally, the step daughter admitted she had the expensive clothing items and said she would send them back. She knows, however, that my daughter is going away on friday the 13th to either prison or a program so these items probably will never be returned just like mine were never returned.
My husband continues to defend his daughter and says mine who may have a serious health issue that goes untreated is lazy, not a good mom and would love nothing better than for her to be locked up forever or worse.
I really do hate him for that.