Okay, I don't know if I can keep this as short as I'd like...I typed into Google search "my stepson is going to kill me" and found this site, a reference to an old post from 2004.

I have been in this boy's life for nearly 10 years. He lives with his father and has since he was 3. He no longer has visits with his mother, as his mental health was deteriorating drastically due to her incredibly chaotic life. She sees him about twice a year here at our house. We don't want her to but she does pretty much stay out of the picture.

S has fetal alcohol syndrome and very serious attachment issues, as well as ADHD and some sensory issues. He's 14 now.

I have struggled with my poor behaviour for years in dealing with him. I have improved a great deal but he has not. It doesn't matter to him how I behave but it's healthier for me and my blood pressure to not react the way that I used to. And I have realized too that it doesn't matter that it's "me", he would treat any stepmother this way due to his anger issues with his own mother...and that I've taken his father's attention away from him. This boy is so difficult to live with.

He is one of the most difficult people to live with, you have no idea. He is miserable when he isn't doing whatever he wants to do. If he doesn't like something, no matter what it is, you don't know what will happen. He is under strict supervision 99% of the time because he lies, steals, and cannot control his impulses.

But the serious thing that is happening right now is the death threats that he's made to two different kids at school. And yesterday was the first time that I became "afraid" of him. I got a look that you would not believe, one that no one in my 39 years has ever given me. His father agrees that he's dangerous and is a danger to others and that I should not get him angry over things that are not that important, such as me telling the boy not to use my garden cart for what he was using it for (he always, always, always uses my things without asking and then uses them not for their intended purpose and I'm tired of it). I got that look over him not asking me to use the cart? Why the h*ll should I let him use my things when he is never, never, never nice to me unless there is a meal involved?? And that is the honest to God truth!

Our whole house is like a prison to his moods, his disabilities, his whatever. I can separate what his disabilities are versus his mean-spirited stuff that is vicious.

I am so afraid that this boy will kill me that I am almost crippled with the fear this morning. I woke up far too early and started thinking about it and couldn't get back to sleep.

What do you do in this type of a situation? I feel that if he even remotely senses fear or hears me vocalize this, he'll have power over me and with him...it's all about control. [Frown]