It's not getting a whole lot better. Here is some of an email from Shawn's teacher yesterday:

Some information was relayed to me today regarding comments
that Shawn made on Friday, January 13th when I had a substitute. I want
to update you on this. This is second hand information coming to me.
Therefore, I am not sure about specific details or language and the
person relaying the information could not remember specific language or
comments either. In response to hearing conversation about his goals and
privileges, Shawn made comments about being able to get a gun anytime
that he wanted to. He also mentioned emptying clips into people and
being able to shoot people. I was told that the comments were not
directed at one person. Please let me know if you have any questions or
information.

This is our life with this child. My daughter, who never swears was calling him an a-hole the other night and telling me that she didn't want to live here anymore! This is just over the top this week. Shawn told me the other night that if I let him do whatever he wants, he would be a better stepson to me. His father let him have it which I was very pleased to see. I saw Shawn's therapist on Monday and it helped, although it's kind of like a freaking death sentence living with him and hoping to no end that something happens and he's removed from the home. Honestly, I may end up making a DSHS call today or encourage my daughter to tell someone at school that she fears for her life. Why can't someone see what we're going through?!

If we were wealthy, he'd be in a residential program, I assure you. If we were poor, we could get the state to help us. But because we make a fairly good living, we're screwed. He needs to be out of our home but our hands our tied. Unless he commits a crime. That's pretty much the way that it is.