Cringing again... every time, I read about Shawn in your posts...brings back so many memories.

I have to say this again, only because I have gone through this kind of behavior and know what worked for us.

If, you have any love for these children what so ever... every time they threaten someone's life, or their own...call the police and press charges. So, surprised the school didn't call the police and report this behavior. Why didn't they??? It's not too late.

If, you have guns in your home...I would suggest they are under lock and key, or completely taken out of the home.

Shawn's therapist doesn't have to live in your home, with him.
You can be charged for not protecting the other children in your home, if Shawn chooses to harm them.

We were not wealthy either, when my son was acting out. In fact what savings we did have was spent on the care he did receive. Just having him receiving the help, plus him and us both being safe was a big relief.

Press charges...go to court...tell the judge you are all afraid for your lives...someone else is not going to do it for you...you are the one who love them...even though it's hard to see that love right now. Call the police about any and all threats, etc.
Don't wait until they harm themselves or another.

Lostforwords...please go back and read the posts in this forum. Buy the book, "Tough Love" and read it from cover to cover. I pray you both find the help you need, before someone is hurt.

I know our area has the Tough Love support group....find out if it's available in your area. Might be through the area church's etc, sure the police dept. could head you in the right direction.

[ January 27, 2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: yepthatsme2 ]