Hi...been thinking about writing over the last week but I don't know where the time has gone.

Nothing "bad" has happened per se; however, Shawn was suspended from school for 45 days and guess who has been with him constantly since then? He brought a knife to school, one that he obviously stole, and was flashing it around. He had the threat assessment done and it is not good. He is being recommended by that doctor and by the family therapist to be removed from the home. We went to CWS to go through the process of a CHINS petition for an out-of-home placement. They decided that as he is so "special", they won't do the CHINS; they are going to place him in a facility in foster care until he's 18. That's 3.5 years. I don't think that he gets that yet ~ but he will.

Today, I'm rather short-tempered with him. I just am tired of his sour disposition, he doesn't speak and when he does it's like snake venom. Oddly, since we left CWS, he has been voluntarily helpful and much more polite. Doesn't mean that I'm particularly fond of his company, however. It's just been too long doing this that I have no tolerance for him much. It sounds like I go off on him all the time ~ quite the opposite. The no tolerance comes in powerful ignoring skills that didn't exist before.

Also, we're doing an involuntary placement on him and we're not having success in getting a bed. This will happen this week, I'm sure. It is my goal to have him held there until he goes into the facility that they choose ~ it's a long process to wait but oh well...

Off to do a supervised visit... at least I'm getting out for a bit by myself.

I'll check back in later.