I did a little more reading in the book last night. Unfortunately I felt like I was doing homework. Decided I paid for the book, it's in the book club, so I'm going to make the most of it.

I did find a coupe thoughts worth mentioning:

Page 28 and 29 reminded me of something I often say to my kids and remind myself. Everything in life is a choice. We can choose to be happy or we can choose to be sad. Sounds very simple and this guy believes wholeheartedly in this. I say it works most of the time, but what do you do when teenagers live in the house with you? I think I could be happy more often if I didn't have to deal with disciplining them.

I did find myself thinking about managing my teens while in low moods. I KNOW it's not a good thing to do, but sometimes I just can't help myself. I react...Are you on the phone again? GET OFF THE PHONE and do your homework! All that kind of fun stuff!

I'm reflecting on holding my tongue and waiting for the mood to lift. Then addressing it when it isn't an issue... [Eek!]

I reallylike what he has to say about realizing other people don't and can't think the same way we do based on life experiences. It's impossible. All of us have lived different lives. Found it to be another way of saying, if you haven't walked a mile in my shoes, blah, blah, blah. Another good reminder for me.

Also, page 55-56(his little story on the power of a thought)spoke loudly to me.

And of course the thought that if you focus on the good thoughts you remain more positive and more happy.

None of this is new to me, but it's nice to have the reminders of issues I've pondered at different times in my life.

I'm finding I like it a little more than I thought. [Wink]

I'm working on getting it finished so we can move on to The Tuscan Sun book. I'm ready for lighter reading!