I just switched from VERY SLOW dial-up to high-speed Internet connection four days ago and have discovered a hazard I didn't know I'd be encountering.

I CAN'T GET ANY HOUSEWORK DONE! My connection used to be so slow that while I was waiting for webpages to unfold on my screen, I could get up and move the clothes from the washer to the dryer, or fold underwear, even iron a few tea-towels (hubby's quirk, not mine). Somedays, when it was really slow, I even had time to go upstairs and make myself a cup of tea.

No more. I'm having a hard time adjusting. I've been here most of the day and have managed to get a few Christmas gifts wrapped, and microwaved something obscure for my lunch, but that's it. Now I'm glued to my screen, no more waiting, no more motivation to go and get a wee bit of work done while waiting.

This will take some getting used to. I'm just going to have to learn how to willingly put down the mouse and leave the keyboard.

I've never been addicted to anything in my entire life. I don't mind this one, though. So what if the tea-towels don't get ironed today!

[ November 15, 2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]