DJ,

There are different types of women out there. Some are more nurturing than others, some more athletic,or content to spend time completely within their family sphere.

I think what makes this site special and calls to a particular type of woman is what I see everytime I log on here. It is the feeling that these women deeply care whether you are in trouble or need help with an issue in your lives. This site has many different threads and responds to the various needs we all have.

I just finished visiting another site from a post on one of the threads here. Older Wiser Women, while this is a good site, it does not hold the same attraction for me as this site does.

This site calls to those people with empathy, those with a nurturing aspect to their personality, those that believe in the power of prayer, women who believe that women need other women to help them work through sad,trying times in their lives as well as celebrate their joys, humor, and understanding how you feel growing older and what it means for you. A willingness to uphold each other through all of this creates a sisterhood and makes you feel like you've found another family.

So, I guess it would be that this site attracts those women of like minds, hearts and humor. Not all women would fit here, you are correct. But I think that is what makes this site unique.

Hope that helps clarify for you DJ.
Sandpiper