I've been letting this question of "Boomer Sister" sit in my being for the past couple of days, trying to articulate what it is that my heart and soul find here. I still haven't come up with anything more profound to add to what Sandpiper and Smile have already said so well.

All I know is that this place, these women are NESTLED, here in the depths of my being. They are a part of me, their names are etched on my heart. I don't go anywhere without them tagging along in my heart and mind and prayer.

Throughout these past two weeks of being "incomunicado", your names were constantly coming to my mind, and I was constantly and EAGERLY WANTING to pray for each of you, hoping you were all staying safe and healthy. My heart could not contain the care that I felt for my sisters here. Even from that distance and not being able to physically connect to this site, I was still emotionally connected to my sisters...to JJ, Chick, Smile, Dotsie, Chatty, Lionspaaw, Lynn, Pam, and oh so many more! All of your names crossed my mind throughout my days away from here. I've NEVER felt that level of connection before. I don't understand it, or why in all my years of belonging to prayer groups and choirs and various other groups, I never felt this depth of kinship or connection.

The profound loneliness that drove me to search until I stumbled into this site is gone. I can't explain that. Loneliness has been my middle name for as long as I can remember. But even in Quebec, unable to connect, I didn't feel that familiar old loneliness, because I KNEW I had all of you, my sisters, waiting here for me when I got back. What a gift. What an indescribably wonderful gift!

What can I call someone who brings such immeasurable joy and serenity to my life? Friends, yes. But I have a few good friends in my life. And they are irreplaceable. But you are somehow so much more than just friends. I've never had a sister. But always wondered what my life would be like if I had a sister. Being here has given me an inkling of what it might have been like. "Sister" has become the only name that articulates (for me) the profound connection I feel here with so many of you.

"Safe Place" and "Home" also come to mind.

[ August 14, 2005, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]